Sunday, February 7, 2010

Jewelry Organizer

So I know my jewelry collection is in need of a major makeover, but what few nice things (and not so nice things) I have, end up getting tangled or lost. So I decided it was time to put an end to the madness! I combined two ideas I found here and here, to make my own little creation on a rather large frame.
I took out the glass off (obviously) and covered cork board with a white sued like cloth I found at walmart for a $1 a yard!

 
Lined the bottom with ribbon containing loops (I'm sure there's some fancy name for it, but I havent a clue what it is) for the earrings.

I than used glass tiles and mod podged some scrabook paper onto it.

Than glued thumb-tac's to the back.

 Put them on the board, and voila!

You could so dress this up in many different ways! Use an kind of fabric and corresponding decorative paper, and you've got yourself a beautiful way to display all your fabulous jewelry! (Or in my case, not so fab).

No comments: