Thursday, August 11, 2011

Kid Friendly Stocking Holders


Remember the stocking holders I posted ages ago.  Well I made my own last Christmas, and I'm now just posting. My bad, but here it is, in plenty of time for Christmas!  I followed the directions found at The Many Faces of Mom, but added my own little twist!  I wanted them white, so out came my paint, then a dollar store tree ornaments hot glued to the front!  I love the way they turned out, not to mention it actually takes quite a bit of pulling to get them to fall.  So perfect for little kids and pets who don't seem to understand the dangers of a heavy weight stocking holder falling on ones head.  Here's a few of my own tips.

~Before painting, bend the ring to fit exactly where you want it.  Because my mantel has decorative boarding under it, it didn't fit the way it did on my counter top.  (Love how adjustable these are!)
~Before embellishing, put it on your mantel to make sure you attach it to the right spot and not to high/low. 



I love how versatile these can be!  Get creative and add your own style!

LINK UPS:

No comments: